What Information do we collect and how is it used?
InvestaMatch may collect personal information from you on this website, and this is gathered for the purpose of conducting the service that InvestaMatch provides. Some of this information is required in order for you to become a registered user of our services through the website (as an enterprise portal, business account, professional member, advisor, investor and/or a member).
We may use the information we collect about you, and your information may be stored by this website, for the following general purposes:
- in communicating directly with you, including to respond to your questions and comments and in general;
- for registration, including to facilitate your access to and use of our website;
- to measure interest in and improve our services, and website;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions; and
- as otherwise specified by us at the time of collection.
We may collect information:
- when you register;
- when you contact us to enquire about this website; and
- through your use of this website and the services and functionality offered through it.
When you provide us with personal information, we are obliged to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993 (“Act”). We will collect, hold, use, and disclose that personal information in accordance with the principles set out in the Act. This means we will:
- use personal information only for the purpose we collect it;
- retain that information only for so long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it; and
If you think we have breached the Act or you would like to find out more about our obligations, information is available on the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.org.nz.
If you wish to enquire about personal information, we hold about you (if any) you can contact us through our website. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request that we correct such information.
We may share your personal information
- to our service providers as required to perform their services to us (e.g. in order to store the information);
- as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted; and/or
- where we are required or authorised by law to make disclosure of such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular investments. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.